MAYA PIPELINE DEVELOPER [SENIOR]
Scanline VFX Vancouver offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC the studio is steps from transit, the best in the city's trendy Yaletown dining and Robson high street shopping. On site amenities include a lounge/nightclub with big screen projector tv, pool table and foosball tables, over-sized patios and rooftop deck kitchen & BBQ areas, secure bicycle storage, massage chairs, showers and lockers. Experience fun team events, parties, sporting activities, local business discounts and much more.
Seeking a challenge where you will do the best work of your career?
"FOLLOW" us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
3DS MAYA PIPELINE DEVELOPER [SENIOR]
Reporting to Pipeline Leadership, the Maya Pipeline Developer identifies and solves complex VFX Pipeline challenges for tools, plug-ins, pipeline and workflow. The Maya Pipeline Developer’s perspective is high level and forward looking. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, partner and implement new and improved technologies the Maya Pipeline Developer has advanced skills with Maya, Python and C++ required for research, development and mentoring others.
- Identify and solve complex, systematic problems in the domain of the tools, plug-ins, pipeline and overall workflow development
- Gather requirements across large collaboration efforts that span multiple departments and/or disciplines
- Leverage current technology research and development trends to innovate and advance Scanline’s technologies
- Design, build, and implement pro-types; Debug and QA using common testing platforms with stakeholders
- Maintain and support created tools; fine-tune and troubleshoot as needed
- Write Technical Briefs and documentation
- Partner with Pipeline Management team to identify and schedule tasks
- Define, communicate and enforce coding standards across teams and projects
- Mentor other pipeline team members; advise, guide and grow others
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BA in Computer Science, or similar discipline (required)
- 5+ years’ experience in VFX, Gaming or other professional Maya software development
- Demonstrated advanced work experience with Maya, C/C++ and Python
- Experience with runtime rendering APIs, like DirectX or OpenGL (preferred)
- Experience with user interface design in QT/PyQT
- Experience with V-Ray, Thinking Particles, or Fume FX (preferred)
- Experience working with pipelines in Windows
- Experience with meshes, transforms, joints and dynamic simulations
- Understanding of scheduling, task estimates and capacity planning
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself, why are you applying for the position and what makes you the ideal candidate.